Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Job 2011

Since I continued blogging after a one month break, I decided to update about my life status! Life is good except that hubby is not around ALL the time and yes, the previous post was dedicated to HIM!! Well, I'm in huge dilemma where I'm unsure of which one should I choose. Either Job A, B or C?? Previously I was looking for a better jobs and there are also very good opportunities but after a good though of it I decided to let it go cos I know my top priority in career is to have less stress or should I put it in an easier way which means easier job for me. Family is my top priority now and I wanna have kids (yup, it's in the plan and it's on going).

Ok, pardon me, where was I? Yup, dilemma between jobs - Job A offered me and I need to reply them while Job B and C has yet to revert. Job B and C are the jobs where I hope I can have it as the company offers better benefits compared to other companies. At the same time, Job A is also a new challenge which interest me as well. I thought so much about these "what if" questions which almost make me go insane!!! Some of the questions I thought of was "What if I agreed on Job A then Job B offers me?", "What if Job B and Job C also offer me" and etc. I can hardly breathe cos I felt there's a big rock in my heart!!! I know it sounded very kua cheong but seriously I really felt that way. I can hardly sleep and concentrate on doing my things, erm you might wondered, what is there for me to do since I'm jobless and yes you are right but what I meant here was about everything ler... even makan, berak, kencing or anything I also kept on thinking about the "what if". The reason being is because I have agreed to Job A verbally but kinda use a tactic to tell the HR that I'm currently out station and will only be back next week (they called to inform me about the offer last week) to buy more time for Job B and C to reply me on their decision. I felt very unethical and seriously very bad about this. Some might said it's ok cos I'm protecting myself but somehow, I just can't let go the fact that this is so damn unethical. When I was young (ok, now sudah tua ler) I think to do such decision is perfectly normal as we need more choices and don't restrict ourselves but now I felt very bad about doing this. But anyway, even I know it's unethical, I still did it (sad to say). 

Whatever it is, I have did what I probably should not have or I should say what I must not have done, I made it clear to myself, if by Tuesday (which is yesterday cos it's Wednesday now) 7pm, still no updates from Job B and C, I shall complied to my verbal agreement to Job A where I said I would take the letter of offer on Wednesday. And guess what, no news from head hunter regarding Job B and C and even he is aware of my decision to wait until Tuesday 7pm, he text me at 6:30pm saying no news yet, he wouldn't agree more to take on green packet instead of asking me to give Job B and C more time. I think he also felt paiseh ler!! So, I'll be going to take my offer letter later and new company gets to wear casual everyday!! Yahoooooo!!!Hope this is a good try! Fingers crossed.

0 comments: